Western Montana Honey
Raw - Unfiltered - Unheated*
Not heated in excess of 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
Honey, well known as nature's original sweetener, is being rediscovered as a natural way to better health. Honey has always been prized for its delicious sweetness and flavor, but did you know throughout the centuries honey has been valued for therapeutic and medicinal uses?
- Physicians in ancient Rome used honey to help their patients fall asleep.
- Hippocrates, the Greek physician, praised honey's healing powers and formulated many honey-based cures for ailments like skin disorders, ulcers and sores.
- The ancient Egyptians used honey to treat cataracts, open wounds, cuts and burns.
- In World War 1, German doctors used honey mixed with cod liver oil to surgically dress soldier's wounds sustained in battle.
- For years, opera singers have used honey to boost their energy and soothe their throats before performances.
Honey contains antioxidants and a wide array of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It also can be used as an antimicrobial and as a source of energy.
Information listed above provided by The National Honey Board.
Actions of Honey
- increases calcium absorption
- can increase hemoglobin count and treat or prevent anemia caused by nutritional factors
- when combined with vinegar, can help arthritic joints
- fights colds and respiratory infections of all kinds
- when used externally, speeds the healing process
- can help to boost gastrointestinal ulcer healing
- works as a natural and gentle laxative
- provides an array of vitamins and minerals
- supplies instant energy without the insulin surge caused by white sugar
NOTE: Raw honey contains a rich supply of live enzymes which are required for the proper functioning of all body systems. Like royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis, some substances in honey cannot be identified, hence they cannot be chemically reproduced.
CHARACTER: antibiotic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, expectorant, anti-allergenic, laxative, anti-anemic, tonic.
BODY SYSTEMS TARGETED: Intestinal, Integumentary, Skeletal, (Tonic to all systems).
The above information is reprinted from "Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Propolis and Honey" by Rita Elkins, M.A., published by Woodland Health Series, with permission.
Now you can get 3,5, and 12 pounds of raw honey in a reusable container!
Please call 1-800-988-3750 PRIOR to ordering online to utilize USPS shipping rates.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS PLEASE NOTE: Due to the weight of honey products, please be aware that we DO NOT ship raw honey or kilos of Royal Jelly outside the continental United States. Compounds, capsules and soap ARE available for International Purchases using USPS International mailing options ONLY. NO FedEx shipping available. Please call or email for further information.